Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Selfish fleshly vs Sacrificial fulfillment

Recently something has been heavy on my heart. Okay 2 days, but that's enough. Love. True love. I honestly can't stand hearing the phrase, "I'm in love." Mainly because most people don't even understand the fullness of love. 

Love, as we all know it from 1 Corinthians, talks about the characteristics of love. I'm gonna throw a curve ball from something God showed me this evening. Genesis 2 talks about God making a helper for Adam in the garden. I think marriages should be that way for both parties. 

In a relationship there is a lot of give and take. Sometimes more give than take. Let me explain with an example, I was in a relationship with a guy who I wanted to see every weekend. This guy happened to live in Fredericksburg. I would spend every other weekend up there with him, however I had to provide myself with somewhere to stay. I would spend 4+ hours on the road, over 200 in hotel food and gas, and have to have him home by 8, and could never call his house. There were so many limitations and restrictions on our relationship. But I felt it was worth the time. I was in a very fleshly selfish relationship. 

I would give and give and never see anything in return. It's not about having to have something in return, it's about them wanting to do that because of how they feel for you. Selfish people are very inward, controlling, they can call you at the drop of a hat and know that you would answer or be at there house in a instant if they asked. Regardless of what you think or feel where you are, that is NOT love. And it's not Godly.

Sacrificial love is the most amazing thing EVER! It's a partnership of decisions, wanting the other to achieve their goals, wanting them to move forward in there life with Gods will. For God so loved the word that he gave his only son. Sacrifice, that's real love. Changing things about yourself for the other person because something you do bothers them. 

I wish people would learn to walk in Gods anointing for their life and allow him to bring that perfect person into their life. It would cause less heartache and pain. God wants you to be happy and full of life. Succeeding in all the things he has planned. The perfect spouse would enhance your relationship with Christ not hinder it. The perfect boyfriend would push you to run for God as he runs for him too.

Everyone deserves a sacrificial fulfilling love in their life. Everyone should feel like they are filled when they are in a relationship not drained from fighting. Walk in Gods path and not your own fleshly desires. God knows what is best and what is right for you and wants to be able to see you succeed!!! He created someone for YOU to enhance the God size dream you have. 

I DARE you to walk in what you feel you are called to do and see what happens. Who God puts in your path, or who he takes out. The choice is yours and yours alone. But Gods path is MUCH easier traveled if you do it correctly the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment