Monday, June 24, 2013

Beautiful

I'm sitting outside with the kids while they swim in the pool. While I was getting them sprayed down with sun screen I was talking with Callie. She was telling me how much she loved to swim and how much she loved water.

Her story is amazing in itself. Someday I might explain why she is such a fighter and her parents faith builds my own daily.   But let me explain her beauty. Not only is she an adorable in ever aspect of the word but she has 2 things about her that stand out to me the most. 

Her voice. She has the most beautiful voice. I've worked with Callie for almost 3 years and heard her before and after her surgery. Before it was hard to hear her and she was very quiet. Now she is full throttle wide open and loud. I even have to tell her to be quiet. Which I love!!!! 

Her trach scar! Seeing her neck without the trach is amazing. Putting her sunscreen on makes me tear up every time. Her strength, ability to adapt, to take people making jokes about her, her determination. 

What I'm getting at is the things that she might see as a negative about herself are the most beautiful. Whatever you see as negative about yourself God sees as beautiful. Those things you are so worried about. Your hair, your acne, your pale completion, how tall you are, how different your body type is, everything. Those things are beautiful to someone. 

Every detail about you was hand painted by God and he loves that about you. If you were a painter and you painted this picture that was BEAUTIFUL to you and someone wanted I change the colors because they didn't like it, how would you feel? So why do we spend so much time and money into changing the details of our body? 

Contemplate that. God took time on you because you are irreplaceable. You are beautiful even when you don't feel like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment