Saturday, June 8, 2013

Changing what you don't like about yourself.

Well, there is this beautiful little girl I know who has trouble reading. Her mother and myself have decided that this summer we are gonna teach her to read, along with maintaining their summer reading challenge of 50 books!! As we came to this conclusion I realized how much I despise reading. 

I've always had a hatred for reading unless it was fear street by R.L. Stine. I'm a little to old for that now. However, I know how much it bothers myself that I don't like reading. So, along with little miss, this summer I too shall be doing a reading challenge. 

I took a brave step and decided to go to college and I know that reading is going to be HUGE!! I've made the decision to read, read, read. I don't want the kids to think that hating reading is okay. You gain knowledge and become smarter the more you read. Also learning the characteristics of God trough reading his word. 

I'm going to ambitiously attack 13-15 books with my favorite one having over 1,000 pages!! Last time I read it was High School. 

My point is this, if you don't like something about yourself, change it. Stop saying, oh I wish I was thinner or I wish I wasn't so anti social. DO SOMETHING!!!! Warning, don't change for someone else, do it for yourself. There is no shame in changing for yourself. Not to impress someone, keep someone in your life, but for you!!!! 

You are a beautiful creation that deserves to feel like you are the best you that you can be!! Pick one small thing and try it! Not only am I reading daily but I'm eating better, exercising, doing daily chores, keeping a house clean, maintaining my marriage, working, and enjoying God to the fullest extent. Everyone has the same 24 hours in a day they way you use them is up to you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment