Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Marriage, love, commitment.

When you start dating someone and you guys fall head over heals giggly happily in love it's the best feeling ever. Then time passes and there could be an engagement and eventually a marriage. After 3 years of marriage let me be honest. It's hard!

I'm no marriage guru or claim to know everything but I've learned a few things. The longer you are married the more experience and knowledge you have. But let me throw a few things on the table for you.

When you are 'dating' and you are constantly breaking up and getting back together, sometimes it's great practice for divorce. It's just easier to break up because the opposite person doesn't understand and you get frustrated. Bye bye. You work trough things in a marriage. There are days Justin and I are down each others throats!! But we are still married and take our vowels seriously. Ephesians 4:26 says that we aren't supposed to let the sun go down on our anger.

Marriage isn't about you. It's about both of you. You don't get to do what you want when you want anymore. You have to communicate. It's not something that happens overnight. We are just now starting to see how to communicate a little bit. I am not my husband and he is not me. We are different and we have to learn how to talk to each other differently so we understand each other. Saying I don't understand isn't a bad statement. You both probably have different backgrounds. Different upbringings. Etc.

I'm not here downing divorce because my husband has been divorced. My mom has also. I know it breaks Gods heart however I know how much God forgives and loves us. Marriage is difficult. It's unselfish, compromising, hardwork, and glorious. Make sure you really understand what you are walking into.

Marriage is a daily decision to love the other person. Some days are easier than others!!!!!! Every marriage is different from the next. The closer the both of you are to God the closer the two of you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment