Monday, April 22, 2013

Facing Your Biggest Fear

Anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE kids!!!! Many are surprised I don't have any yet. Recently I have been making jokes about the reasons why I don't have kids.

-I love sleep. Naps aren't an option anymore and boy do I love them!!!!
-You are NEVER alone again. And I'm a very Independant person.
-Vomit and Deborah do NOT go in the same sentence, period.
-Infant poop has got to be the most terrible thing God ever placed on this earth!

The list grows and giggles begin! However, only a group of 3 people know why I haven't taken the plunge into children. So here's the secret, infants terrify me. When I was handed Lyla for the first time at only a few days old, I freaked out. There is no legit reason for my terror and yes it seems silly.

This thrill seeking, adrenaline junky, pyro, snake playing gal who wants to skydive and bungee jump is terrified by a small infant. I'm unaware if its the thought of the responsibility or just knowing how small they are.

Point being this, today I was to be at work at 530 to get some kids. One being an infant. I didn't think I could do it and was freaked out when God showed me something. First of all Gods word tells us that he did not give us the spirit of fear. (2 Timothy 1:7) of course for some people that won't automatically take the fear away for some situations.

Not only do I know that God is with me and wouldn't give me more than I could handle, but someone else showed faith in me that I was capable to do it! In life we have to have those around us building us up, reminding us if what we are capable of doing.

God has great things planned for us! Bigger things than we can even imagine. We cannot allow fear to control our drive for moving forward in life. When the world says no way, we say 'Yahweh'. Know that no matter the mountain you face, may it be a change in job, marriage, moving, school, or even changing a diaper, God is with you. You are worthy of being able to overcoming the obstacles that stand in your way of fulfilling your destiny!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment